No one wants to think about cancer, but the truth is that this scary word affects many of us. Whether it’s you, a loved one, a neighbor, or a coworker, many of us will be faced with the reality of cancer during our lives. Battle the fear and put yourself in control by finding a caring partner, like the team at University Cancer Centers
. We have a long and continuing history of excellence in both cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our award-winning staff of oncologists, radiation therapists, chemotherapists, and diagnosticians are here to help you find and battle this illness.
Contact us today at (713) 474-1414
to make an appointment and let us join you in your fight or prevention.
Why Do I Need Regular Cancer Screenings?
Factors like age, gender, family history, and certain lifestyle criteria such as smoking, alcohol use all have an effect on cancer probabilities. Starting around age 20, it is recommended that you consult your physician to learn what and when you should begin having regular check-ups. Radiation Oncologist Mark D’Andrea, MD, and his team are committed to providing you with the highest level of medical care, and they recommend regular checks for the following:
- Age 20-29: Cancers of the thyroid, mouth, skin, lymph nodes, testicles, and ovaries. These can be caught in early stages in this bracket, allowing for more effective treatment.
- Men: Colon cancer
- Women: Breast cancer, cervical cancer
- Age 30-39: Continue testing the previously listed items.
- Age 40-49: Continue the previously listed items, with a few exceptions:
- Men: Prostate cancer screening around age 45
- Women: mammograms should be done every year, instead of every three. Pap and HPV tests should be done every 5 years.
- Age 50-65:
- Men: High risk for colon cancer and prostate cancer, and should be tested yearly. Test of the lungs should be conducted to determine if there is a chance of lung cancer.
- Women: Continued mammograms, standard colon cancer tests, test the lungs for any chance of lung cancer.
- If you are 65 or older you should have all standard tests completed.
We are here for you from consultation to examination and treatment. Dr. D’Andrea brings over 35 years of experience in diagnosis, treatment, and compassion, so you know that you’re in good hands. He’ll take the time to walk you through test results and discuss all available options, ensuring you are comfortable and educated on your situation.
Don’t Put Off Cancer Screening
Protecting you and your loved ones is too important to be taken lightly. Turn to the compassionate and knowledgeable team at University Cancer Centers
to help screen, diagnose, and treat. Contact us today by completing our form or calling (713) 474-1414
. ¡Hablamos español!